Discussion > ArdCore Discussion

I just wanted to start this thread to discuss issues regarding the ArdCore spec and implementation.

January 6, 2011 | Registered CommenterDarwin

A revamped template sketch, and four new production sketches have all gone up. No hardware available yet (although you could probably hack something together with your own Arduino), but progress is being made there as well. Look at the code (in the downloads area) if you want to see how easy this implementation is to program!

January 17, 2011 | Registered CommenterDarwin

great project! I've long toyed with the idea of making a multi purpose Arduino platform with the modular synth in mind, much better to see someone actually doing it! I'd be very interested in a PCB when you decide to release them. Im using Eurorack, so some modifications will likely be necessary. Going to follow this project closely!

cheers, Jilt

April 1, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJilt

Thanks, man! About the only significant change you'll have to make is for the power connection - since all of the connectors are on MTA plugs, dealing with mounting issues should be insignificant. But the power connector is an MTA-100 6-pin, so you'll need to make up an alternative.

We should have boards available any day now! I'm going to be posting up schematics tomorrow.

April 1, 2011 | Registered CommenterDarwin

Great, please let me know when the boards become available, and the price. Also, I see you're using a nano, which other Arduino's are supported?

thanks, Jilt

April 4, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterJilt

We are trying to work out the store thing; the front page will announce when it is happening.

The Nano is connected to the board through a header block, so you could just not put in a Nano and tie your connections directly to the circuit board (or into a header block). The sketches will work on any Arduino board, although you will probably want a 16 Mhz board for some of the more complex sketches. I'll be doing some videos with a Uno connected to our board, just to prove it can be done...

[ddg]

April 5, 2011 | Registered CommenterDarwin

very neat! always wanted a CV recorder. a little question though, if i may -- how have you been interfacing the analogue-in pins? they run on 0-5V, no? whereas CVs can go below and above that, as least doepfer-style modules

thanks!
max

April 15, 2011 | Unregistered Commentermax

Yeah - everything internal to this module runs on 0-5V. Pretty much everything external to it as well. What we've done is to diode protect the inputs so that voltages above 5V are limited to 5V, and voltages below 0V are ignored. This means that, for incoming voltages, you either have to be willing to ignore the negative voltages, or you have to scale them with an external device (a dotcom Q125 is perfect for this in 5U world).

April 15, 2011 | Registered CommenterDarwin

ah guessed so, many thanks. looking forward to when the boards are becoming available...

April 19, 2011 | Unregistered Commentermax

Great stuff!
I'm most interested in building one, maybe even two, such module. If you could post schematics (for a not very electro savvy like me), that would be most appreciated. I think I like to built it my self, although any base PCB would be nice. Will this be one of the buying options?
Reasons for building my self: a) DIY is nice b) integrating expander with custom panel (with status LED's!) c) integrating bipolar offset/attenuation.
It would be nice if you could show some information on doing b) and c) and possibly any options for another DAC (or is DAC0800 pin compatible?)

Do you know about a 'release' date yet?

BIG compliments!
dnode

April 23, 2011 | Unregistered Commenterdnode

Hey Just wanted to let EURORACK people know that Snazzy FX will be releasing a EURORACK version of this module soon!
(SUMMER 2011)

SNAZZYFX.COM

thanks!

and thanks to Darwin!

ARDCORE is amazing!

May 8, 2011 | Unregistered CommenterSNAZZYFX DAN

If I check the store, I see no 'Accessories & Kits' ... when can these be expected?

June 4, 2011 | Unregistered Commenterdnode

are schematics somewhere? I can't find them.

December 17, 2012 | Unregistered Commenterjohnm

The schematics aren't on the site - mainly because the software I worked directly to the board, and the software I use (ExpressPCB) doesn't require schematic capture. I'm hoping to redo these at some point; at the least I might drop the ExpressPCB board layout here on the site.

Sorry!

[ddg]

December 27, 2012 | Registered CommenterDarwin

I would love to see they layouts, especially for the digi expander.
Even a jpg of pdf of the layout would be good!

January 16, 2013 | Unregistered Commenterwithakay

Hey man,

I was interested on this project any chances we can have the layout? I'm planing to do a couple of this babies creating the pcbs with acid with a cheap transfer-process (ironing the negative) we use on our DIY Modular workshops.

http://www.befaco.org

June 24, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterLuis